How is our library sustainable?
Sustainability: The shared responsibility for improving the quality of life for all-- economically, socially, and environmentally-- now and for future generations.
- This year, over half of our new books were purchased at a local, independent bookstore
- Borrowing books is cheaper than buying books
- Our library promotes equal opportunity by providing all students access to book and technology
- Our library promotes equal opportunity by giving all parents access to resources they can use to help their children at home
- Our library strives to purchase and provide materials that represent the diversity of our school and our world
- On-site book repair prolongs the use of books that are damaged
- Books that must be discarded are recycled or donated for reuse
- We provide small-electronics recycling and responsible disposal services
- By reading books over and over, we are sharing resources and reusing!